Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Week 40 - Playing Around

Mom and I went to a play on Sunday.  It was put on by the Marshfield Community Theatre group.  They are a wonderful group of folks who have enough talent to put on several shows each year.  
Imagine if you will a convent - 71 nuns belonging to the Little Sisters of Hoboken.  Sister Julia Child, the cook, accidently poisons 52 of them with her vichysoisse soup.  The nuns haven't enough money to bury them all so 4 of the nuns are in the freezer until the sisters can earn the burial funds.  Time to put on a show!  This musical comedy is a romp that reminds folks of the angst of being Catholic.  We laughed so hard.  I can't wait to see the next thing they are presenting. Next month they are putting on an original play called "The End of Our Lives", a murderous soap opera comedy.  

I saw this online and felt it was a perfect reminder.
 For those (actually for me) as a reminder of a simple life.

Here is a Christmas stocking I recently finished.  I love doing these kits...I have quite a number to make.  Everyone in the family has one that I've made for them but still I have more kits.  I recently saw on a friend's blog how she makes these kits and then strings them across her mantle each Christmas...I'm stealing her idea!  I couldn't decide on which kit to start so decided to begin with the kit that I think is the oldest.  If my calculations are correct, this one came out in 1985.  I present to you, Rejoicing Angel!

She's pretty simple compared to a lot of the other kits I have but it was good to get me back into the habit of working on these.  

Sorry it took me till Tuesday to post my weekly Sunday blog post....will try to do better next time.  In the meantime, thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

"Nunsense" is a very funny show, even for non-Catholics! Our older son played in the orchestra for a production several years ago, so we went to see it. Wise gentle words to live by, Sally......and your Christmas stocking is very pretty, is it applique?