Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Week 41 - The Calm

This past week has been so calm and uneventful that I'm starting to fear for the next few weeks.  The only thing that went wrong last week was the battery on my car died - at work!  It started a bit sluggishly that morning and I really should have headed my instinct to take the truck to work...instead, I shifted into drive and went happily off to work.  When I got off work, the darned car wouldn't start.  Fortunately, my office partner is also my next door neighbor and he gets off work an hour after I do.  He drove me home and after dinner, John and I went back into town to retrieve my car...he jumped the battery and drove it home.  A brand new battery was obtained and it's now running like a top!  

Mom and I spent yesterday running errands - that's what you do on a day off, right?  Here is mom's favorite intersection on one of the routes we normally travel when out and about.

North and south is "B" highway, east and west is "OO" highway. When they meet, it's BOO!  Makes us giggle every time.

Sending prayers to everyone affected by the fires in northern California...hoping rains some soon to help put those fires out.  This year has been just jammed with fires and hurricanes and other related weather conditions.  I, for one, will be glad when 2017 has run its course. 

I don't know about you, but I'm diligently working on getting my Christmas shopping completed...mostly for the family in Utah because everything needs to be shipped out to them.  John is taking Beast out to mid-Nebraska the weekend of the 21 & 22 of October and if I can get the gifts wrapped and labeled, he can take the box with him and give it over to young John at the same time the swap off the beef.  Wish me luck.

Hey, thanks for stopping by. 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

"BOO" Highway - that's very funny! We've been hearing about those dreadful fires, something Australia knows well. Let's hope that it ends very soon.