Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Week 43 - A Long Weekend

John spent the weekend on the road.  He left our house at 6:00 in the morning on Saturday and drove to North Platte, Nebraska with 3 huge coolers filled with beef.  Young John left Salt Lake City at 4ish on Saturday morning and met up with his dad.  They got to spend the afternoon and evening together, catching up, and then each left early Sunday morning to make their way home.  John got home just before 2 on Sunday afternoon.  It feels so good to help provide healthy meat for our son, his wonderful wife, and their children.  No hormones, no additives to the food, just plain grass.  It's the best meat EVER! 

I looked out the kitchen window toward the barn on Sunday and saw something in the 'window' of the hay loft.  Wasn't sure what I was seeing, but thought it might be an owl...

See the large 'window' at the top of the barn?  In the bottom right corner is the creature I saw....I got my camera and zoomed in, expecting to see a barn owl...

Nope, it's a squirrel...we have a barn squirrel!  

My office partner saw this picture and sent it to me...isn't it the greatest?

Someone had a lot of time on their hands...carved books into the tree.  Stunning.

Have a wonderful week.  Thanks for stopping by. 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love the carved books! This sculptor lives barely an hour from here, one of his is called "Balancing the books"......right hand side, 11th row down. http://www.stephenking.com.au/sculpture.html