Sunday, September 24, 2017

Week 39 - Fall is Here!

At 3:02 p.m. on Friday I had a rush of happiness that almost overwhelmed me....it was officially Fall or Autumn, as some would prefer the season to be called.  This is my absolute, without a doubt, no guessing about it, season of the year!  I love Fall.  I love the feeling of the air, the colors, the food (can you say Pumpkin Spice muffins or Pumpkin bread?) I'm especially fond of the colors of fall - orange, red, purple, yellow, rust, and yes, even some browns.  Autumn is my Happy Season!

John spent the last 3 days mowing and weed-whacking the property....he does that just before we get rain (or, rather just before we are supposed to get rain - you never know if the weather-readers are correct or not).  I can hear him out there now with the weed whacker....it's hot out today so I'll bet he is in heaven!  

Remember when I told you the Beast the cow went to Freezer Camp about 3 weeks ago?  Well, he came home to our Freezer yesterday...actually, he is in all 3 of our freezers....he ended up at about 639 pounds of meat.  I can tell you there is a LOT of hamburger in those freezers, along with roasts and steaks and ribs and brisket and I don't know what else.  John will be going out to Nebraska to meet Young John in a couple of weeks to deliver Beast to them...Let me tell you, there is nothing like home-grown meat...no chemicals, just plain grass and hay. Bon apetit, ma famille!

I leave you with this/


Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That is a lot of hamburgers, for sure! Lucky you, going into autumn......it's now spring here. Already we have had hot weather, and of course it will get worse before it gets better.