Sunday, May 23, 2010

TOP 10- er- 13 Favorite Musicals

You know, sometimes I see someone else's posting and it stirs something in me. I'm going to steal an idea that I see each week and post it today. Sundays are supposed to be days of reflection, days where no work should be done (tell that to a farmer!) and they are perfect for movie watching. So here are my top 10 - no make that 13 since I can't cut any of these - favorite musicals...in no particular order except #1.

1. Wicked - cause who doesn't love that?
2. Mamma Mia - who knew Meryl Streep could sing?
3. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers - cause I love me some Howard Keel!
4. The Producers - saw it on Broadway and I was hooked.
5. Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat - a ripped Donny Osmond.
6. The Sound of Music - those high notes!
7. The Music Man - both versions!
8. The Wizard of Oz - Poppies.....
9. Singin' in the Rain - wish I could dance like Gene Kelly.
10. Fiddler on the Roof - tradition!!!
11. Mary Poppins - where's the flying button on my umbrella?
12. Grease - the songs just move me!
13. Oliver - Please, sir, I want some more.

I will channel surf and see that one of these is on the TV and switch channels right then and there. Doesn't matter where it is in the movie, I know the stories by heart and don't need to catch up.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great rest of the weekend.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Seeing a movie that you know and love is like reading a familiar book again....you know how it's going to end, but you enjoy it anyway!