Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Come back, Time!

A blink...just one tiny blink...and it's been an entire week since I last blogged. I'm starting to sound like a cliche when I say, "Where has the time gone?". Summer is waning, autumn is knocking at the door, and soon, we'll be thinking of holiday trees and snowflakes. I'll admit, I've already started to think about gifts for the holidays.

I had the day off yesterday and John needed to use the truck since his car was in the shop. That left me without wheels. I usually spend my day off at the yarn shop, knitting and talking and thinking up more things to knit. Yesterday, however, I spent sewing. Yes, my dear Son - Mom quilted all day! I finished piecing a BOM from last year. The top is done, the binding is made, and all I need to do is make the backing and get it to the quilter...one more flimsy DONE! No, I don't have any pictures yet...you'll just have to wait till it's finally finished. I checked my database and I've completed 15 items this year - and only started 2...that's a net FINISHED count of 13 so far. I'd love to finish everything on the UFO list...in my dreams I am able to do that but I think it will take another year to get them done. I can't remember a time when I didn't have many, many, MANY UFO's. Maybe 2009 is the year!

Thanks for stopping by. More later.

3 comments:

John Knotwell said...

I am stoked that you quilted all day. Now, if we can get that up to 3 days a week, we're in the money! =)

cinnamongirl93 said...

Where are the pictures? I would love to see the fruit of your hands.

Sounds like a great day! It's nice to get stranded every now and then.

Dawn said...

You are my mentor dear Sal! -- to finish 13 projects -- that is tremendous. Thanks for inspiring me...as usual.