Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Rainy Days and Wednesdays


Hurrican Gustav came ashore on Sunday or Monday (frankly, I've spent the weekend in the studio and have no idea of what's been going on in the world. Bad, Sally!) We are in the middle of the United States - get a map - we are in the middle! However, Gustav has sent a lot of his moisture to our area....this picture is of our back deck, looking west north west into our woods...steady rain, little wind. The woods are green, green, green...and the truck is clean, clean, clean as it sits parked out behind the library while I'm here at work. They say we might get somewhere between 5 and 11 inches of rain before this is all done. I say, bring it on! We need the rain and so far it's been gentle and plentiful.


Carson is a doll when he sits still. The problem being he rarely sits still. Golden retrievers are known for their "Everyday's a party and everyone's invited" attitidue. Carson lives up to the standard!!! He hates hot weather, though, and spends those really hot days lying spreadeagled on the tile floor...he's no dummy! Today must be a hot day to him...this is how I found him this morning before I left for work.

I spent the entire Labor Day weekend, plus my day off (yesterday) quilting. I finished 3 quilts and 2 of them are already at the quilter! My plan is to get another one done tomorrow and have that one and the other one from this past weekend ready for the quilter on Friday. I simply love marking UFO's off of my list. Since the list started on January 1st had 35 items on it, I'm seeing the list go done considerably this year. I plan on starting a couple of items for Christmas so the finishing of older UFO's will slow till after those are done. But, all-in-all, I'm proud of the progress so far.

Well, work calls! More later. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Jill Knotwell said...

Make sure you keep the rain there and not is Utah. We surely don't need any more flooding in our basement.

cinnamongirl93 said...

We want pictures of those quilt tops!!!!! Please!!!!
Sounds like you had a great weekend. How better to spend some time than at the sewing machine.
We need rain too. Maybe tomorrow the remnants of Gustuv will make his way to Northern Illinois.

Dawn said...

Love your golden & your description of his playfulness! (We should set up a pet-play-date w/ our goldens....ha.)

And now with your post title -- that Karen Carpenter song is in my head!