Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wednseday Randomness



I entered a program this summer called Summer of Socks 2008. It began on June 21st and goes till September 1st. No contest, per se. Just a way to track how many pairs of socks one can knit in a given span of time. Some folks are finished with pair #20.....yes, that's right, 20 - Twenty! I, on the other hand, have finished pair #4 - above. Sport weight yarn, size 3 needles, Spunky Eclectic yarn in Watermelon Fields colorway. A really fast knit.



Saturday I went with a friend to teach a workshop in Mountain Grove (the workshop was a total bust cause no one came...we packed up and left at 10:30 in the morning. ) This is the sunrise - the sun was soooo big! And it was foggy and overcast a bit so the sun shone thru and didn't blind you.



I participated in another fabric postcard swap this summer. There were a total of 10 of us. Here are the 9 postcards I received from the other swappers. Incredibly creative and artistic...fun to make and send and receive. Have plans for another one this fall....my favorite season of all time! In the past, I've used the embroidery machine for the fronts...this time I might just use a quilting technique...that will be a nice change.

Rainy and drizzly today...the dogs are in the laundry room while I'm at work...too wet for them to be outside. John will probably get home before I do...they will be so happy to see him, I'm sure.

Happy Wednesday...and thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Jill Knotwell said...

I think you will have enough socks for every day of the year! I love the colors of those socks - very cute.

cinnamongirl93 said...

The name of the yarn is so cool! Watermelon fields! When it gets cooler out you can dream of summertime and watermelons! Congrad's on 4 pair of socks! That's huge!
I enjoyed the QPC swap too. For the fall I am thinking of doing some paper piecing. I won't tell you what the pattern is!

Dawn said...

I love your happy feet adorned in your very gorgeous socks!