Sunday, April 29, 2018

Week 18 - Surprise! I'm on TIme!!!

Happy Sunday, everyone!  Today is a truly beautiful day in the Ozarks.  Sunny, breezy, clear blue sky.  Just beautiful!

So I told you about Belle having her calf...it turns out it's a boy.  Since Belle belongs to our son and his family, they get the honor of naming the wee thing.  In keeping with the Beauty and the Beast theme (Belle, Beast....) they have decided to name him Maurice!  It's a beautiful french name but my Mr. Wonderful just can't bring himself to yell "Here, Maurice" out in the field so he's decided to call him Mo....That brings our bovine total to 4.  Rosie and Belle with their offspring, Murphy and Mo (rice).  It's so fun watching the two little ones chasing each other in the fields...they scamper like little goats!

Last Sunday the third round of Sock Madness began.  The sock was a lovely lace and cable design that made me happy to knit.  They were taking the first 20 finishers from each team into the next round.  I knit my brains out and was the 17th finisher for Team Firedrakes....I made it into Round 4.  Round 3 doesn't end till a week from today so I've got plenty of time to work on other things before I need to knuckle down again.  In the meantime, here are my Safe Harbor socks from Round 3.


They're so lacy and girly!  

We just keep adding more and more livestock to our holdings.  This past week, we got 26 baby chickens. They were hatched on Monday and we received them on Thursday.  They are a different breed than we've done in the past.  We are trying the Freedom Rangers breed this time.  

Yes, folks, that is 26 baby chicks in that 'pod'.  They will stay in the brooder area of the barn until they get feathers on their entire bodies and then be moved outside to the chicken tractor...probably another 2-3 weeks.  And then 8 - 12 weeks till the Great Chicken Massacre happens.  

There, I think I've gotten you all caught up with life at Pieceful Harbor.  Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love those socks!

Debbie said...

Those are some pretty socks! How far have you made it before in the sock rounds? Good luck! Beauty and the beast is one of my favorite movies. I love the name Gaston but pilot hubby has a "mountain theme" for our pet names....there are lots of mountains...