Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Week 16 - 4 Cows in the Field

Last week I told you about Rosie and her little calf...John determined the calf was a male and we thought with his red pelt and jovial personality, he was definitely a Murphy. Murphy is so happy and healthy!  He sleeps a lot, as all young 'uns do.  

Yesterday, Mom called me about 1 in the afternoon to tell me we now have 4 cows in the field.  Yes, Belle had her calf shortly after noon with no problems.  This calf is black with a splash of white across its face in two places.  We don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet but once we do, our son and his family will tell us what its name will be.  In the meantime, here are Belle and her mini-me...

This little one is about 4 hours old, but is full of spunk!  Murphy galloped over to it and wanted to play...it looked at Murphy and promptly lay down to take a nap.  Frankly, Murphy's energy makes me tired, too!

On the Sock Madness front, I finished my Round 2 socks and they have been accepted!  Now it's on to Round 3...not sure exactly when that will start.  Round 2 ends officially at 6:00 p.m. on Friday and the next supply list can come out anytime after that with the actual start time being between 1 minute and 48 hours after the supply list appears.  Here is my pair of Checkbox Socks for round 2 of Sock Madness 12.

I made them fraternal and I really like that!  

The weather is starting to hint at spring...it was wicked cold over the weekend - W.I.C.K.E.D. cold!  But it started to warm up a bit yesterday and today it's positively balmy!  Temps got to about 77 degrees...and the sun is shining brightly.  Perhaps we will actually get to see spring before summer gets her claws into us!

Mom and I spent the morning at the local yarn shop...I had a student and mom loves going to the shop.  Well, I do, too!  We knit and chat and have a lovely morning most Tuesdays.  Then we came home and I made a spiced apple cake with bourbon glaze...yes, folks, I really did cook!  I think we are going out to dinner. Rib Crib is having an all-you-can-eat night.  Apple cake will be nice to come home to!

Thanks for stopping by.  



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hello to the two new little calves - welcome to the world! Love those socks, and your idea of making them fraternal is a good one.