Sunday, April 8, 2018

Week 15 - Rosie the Mommy

Mother Nature is having some identity problems this past week.  She just doesn't know whether it's going to be spring or we should keep winter a bit longer.  Personally, I vote for Spring, but I have no say in the matter.  We had some lovely weather for about an hour this past week.  And we had some hideous weather for far too many days this week.  Cold, windy, rain, sleet, and even snow!  

They say we are going to have warmer temperatures this coming week but I'm not counting on anything yet.  I haven't put away the warm jackets or sweaters or sweatpants.  Today it's very cold and sleety....overcast and gloomy.  Perhaps it will clear up and we can see some sunshine later today...perhaps.

We have a new addition to Pieceful Harbor....Rosie, our white-faced red heifer gave birth sometime during the night to her first calf.  We don't yet know if it's a Zeke or a Zelda, too soon to tell.  But it look amazingly like its momma...red with a white face.  It probably only weighs about 50 pounds, if that.  Rosie is nursing and proving to be a very good mother!  Yeah, Rosie! 


Round 2 of Sock Madness 12 same upon us suddenly. We got the supply list for the next round on Friday at about 4:30...that usually means we have somewhere between then and 48 hours before the pattern actually comes out.  Mom and I left to meet John for dinner and when we came home, the pattern had dropped....My heart fell!  Why, you ask?  Because I have always had a problem with a technique called Brioche...for some reason, my brain has just never quite wrapped itself around the concept.  And this sock uses brioche!  A lot of it!  My first thought was, well, I'm done.  Then I read the first page of the pattern and thought I would give it a try.  Evidently, my brain was perfectly in gear this time, cause you can see that I am having not one whit of problem with the sock so far.

I might just be able to knit that brioche shawl I've wanted to do for so long.  

Well, folks, I have some speed-knitting to do so will leave you till next week.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: