Sunday, May 6, 2018

Week 19 - Lots of Stuff Happenning and One Sad Thing

This past week has gone so quickly!  I can't believe we are at Sunday again already.  

We got tons of rain on Wednesday - almost 2 inches.  The grass is so green and the cows are happily munching away, when their not resting up for Cow Nap Time, that is.

The chicks are growing fast.  We lost one earlier in the week - no idea what happened, John went out one morning to check on them and one was a dead.  So far the rest are thriving.  This isn't my picture, but it's a fair representation of how fast they are growing.


John finally found the shed that he's been looking for for the back deck.  He wants to be able to store all his BBQ items on the deck and not have to shlep out to the garage whenever he need charcoal or a special grilling implement.  


He still needs to put a couple of shelves in there but it's going to make BBQ-ing so much easier for him.  And once he gets the Big Green Egg table completed (maybe in a couple of weeks), the back deck will be a nice place to prepare meals again. 

Our son's family are all members of the Mormon Church.  It is tradition for children to be baptized into the church when they turn 8 years of age.  I make a blanket out of minky fabric and embroider their initial on it to commemorate the occasion.  Our youngest grandson is turning 8 later this month and I spent part of yesterday embroidering his initial on the minky fabric in preparation for making the blanket.  



 It's hard to see since the fabric is white and I'm using white thread but that's an H there.  I've done this for each of my precious grandchildren and H is the next to last one....I'll take it out with me when I go to visit for E's High School graduation at the end of the month. H's baptism is June 2nd. Lucky me, I get to be there for his big day!

Now for the sad thing...my mother's only sibling, Barbara, passed away on Friday nite after a brief illness.  She was 89 years old and had lived a life filled with people and travels and a lot of piss & vinegar!  She was....well, let's just say she was feisty and leave it at that.  She died pain-free and with a belief that she would see her parents again.  Mom  spoke to Aunt Barb every day for the last 4 weeks until this past Tuesday when my aunt could no longer speak.  They were able to mend any broken fences that were left between them.  And for that I am thankful.  Mom is at peace with her sister's passing.  My brother and his wife took care of Aunt Barb's needs outside the assisted care facility for the last 2 years, ever since mom moved here with us.  It made it so much easier on Mom to know that R & M were watching over Aunt Barb.  I know, that's what family is for, but Aunt Barb could be a - well let's just use the word Difficult to describe her and leave it at that.  R & M put up with her changing moods and got done what needed to be done.  

I have taken myself out of Sock Madness 12.  The Round 4 pattern came out on Thursday and it was one that just didn't make me want to knit it. So I decided not to!  I am happy that I made it into Round 4 - much further than my original goal.  And now I can concentrate on other things on my list of things to complete this year.
Thanks for stopping by. 


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sorry to hear about your aunt, Sally. I can see the H on the blanket, what a lovely idea! John's porch BBQ shed is great......you were lucky with that wonderful rain, we had rain forecast but as the days go by it's slipping further and further away.