Sunday, January 1, 2017

Week 1 - Happy New Year 2017

Starting off 2017 the right way!  We want to wish you and yours a most Blessed New Year.  May all your days this year contain at least one blessing, if not more.

Well, last year contained blessings as well as challenges. Ups and downs, Hots and colds.  This next year has started out with good things, and ups and warmer than usual temps.  A good omen, for sure.

I am going to try to make this another year of weekly postings...it worked last year and I have no reason to think that I can't do it again this year.

I saw this the other day and had to share it.
Why, yes, yes I was...tomorrow is my birthday and I am going to amaze myself this year (said the old lady!).  It won't take much, I'm easily amused and amazed.  Check back soon to see if I can do this!

John is going to cook a chicken on his Big Green Egg today...really?  What a fantastic idea, you say.  But what's so neat about that, you say?  Well, chicken in question is a 9 pound chicken!  Biggest darned bird I've ever seen.  He spatchcocked it (also known as butterflying it) and will cook it on the BGE.) This thing is huge, it's humongous, it's gargantuan.

  That's John's hands on that huge bird...he took the backbone out and splayed it flat...cooks the meat more evenly.  

Wishing you all a most Happy New Year.  

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: