Sunday, December 25, 2016

Week 52 - And Wise Men Still Seek Him

Today is Christmas Day...while a lot of folks concentrate on the gifts, and the food, and the stuff, it's really about one of the greatest Gifts mankind has ever been given.  Now, I'm the first one in line for the gifts. And no one looking at me would think I don't like the food. But I am always mindful of the Reason for the Season (I know, it's a cliche, but one I love!).  The Blessings of the season never cease to surprise me.  

Mom suggested I show you a few closer pictures of some of my nativities.  Here you go:



 Here's one that I just brought home a couple of days before Christmas.  It's so simple and yet it moved me!
 Can you see the bears on either side?  Those are from John...he has restarted a tradition of getting me bears for Christmas (we had a gap of a few years when we moved here).  Each bear has a year on one foot...this year, he decided to get me both the boy and the girl bear. 
I made a yummy breakfast for this morning - yes, folks, I really DID cook!  
Not the best picture but it's crescent roll dough placed in a 'wreath' shape, bacon, scrambled eggs, cheese and then the points are folded up and over to seal everything in.  Baked for 20 minutes and served warm.  Mom and John both had seconds!

We were able to Skype with John and Jill and all the grands...what a blessing they are!  We are so very fortunate in the daughter-in-law we have...she's a treasure!  And those 5 children are truly wonderful!  

I can't believe I was actually able to blog every single week of this year.  I don't think I've ever been able to say that.  I'm going to shoot for another year of weekly blog posts...stick with me folks!

Well, this will be the final posting of 2016.  We leave you with wishes for a very Happy New Year filled with continued health and friends and families and any other blessings you desire.  Thank you for being our friends and stopping by here at Pieceful Harbor! 

See you next year!

No comments: