Sunday, January 15, 2017

Week 3 - When Snow Turned to Ice

Our weather since the New Year has been just weird!  Christmas Day's temps were in the mid-60's, then we had some subzero days, and then back up to 50's and 60's...last week we went from 60's to under freezing and today it's back up to the 40's.  In addition to below freezing weather, we had rain, sleet, freezing rain, and ice.  The library was closed on Friday due to ice and John doesn't work on Fridays so we all stayed home safe and warm.  

Ice on the window....looks pretty.
Icicles hanging off the roof.

Cold Big Green Egg.

The trees outside the front door. Brrr.

The ice did not accumulate more than 1/4 inch which is good...at that thickness, we did not lose power..Yeah!

I recently saw some cute memes that made me think of my nephew, Scott....He is in middle school and just starting to take chop classes...he made mom a beautiful turned-wood pen...Here's to you, Scott.

I know these aren't supposed to be funny but they sure did tickle my funny bone.  And they are so true!

Got to talk to my friend, Shelly, in California via Skype this morning....I miss our visits so much and whenever we get to Skype, it's like we were never separated....She and our other friend, Meredith, are my quilting muses!  Good friends are hard to find and when one is lucky enough to find one, or two or three, it takes lots of work to keep them, If they're worth it, it doesn't even feel like hard work.  That's the way I feel about Shelly, and Fran, and Meredith.  

Oh, here's another picture of some of our property.
One of the cedar trees by the road dropped some branches...several trees on the property dropped branches but I couldn't say if they were due to icing or were just hanging out and fell with them wind and the rain and ice.  Needless to say, John has a morning of limb-gathering in front of him.  

We are expecting more rain and higher temps this next week. With luck, we won't have any more ice this winter.  Fingers crossed.

Thanks for stopping by. 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You can always send your spare ice to us! I like those memes too, they get their safety message across in a good way.