Friday, October 21, 2011

Mommy and Me Class

So Mom is still visiting. I can't believe it's been 3 weeks already. She goes home next Saturday and I really don't want her to go. But she has several things planned for when she gets home and I wouldn't want her to miss them. She is so excited cause she is having cataract surgery on her eyes next month, the first one 3 days after she gets back.

In the meantime, we've been having such a great time. My previous post showed you the pictures of our evening in Branson with Ann-Margaret and the Lennons. We have also gone to Firehouse Pottery in Springfield 2 times to paint pottery. I'll post pictures of the pieces we've done when they are finished being fired and glazed. And last weekend we began classes in Beginning Crochet. Both of us can make a chain but neither of us really know how to crochet. The library was offering a series of 3 beginner classes and we decided to enroll. We both struggled a bit during the class (I really think there were too many people enrolled and the teacher wasn't as prepared as she should have been) but we didn't give up. We came home and on Sunday, in the quiet of my studio, we both worked on another square. Here is the result of our efforts. Mom has smaller hands than mine and, while I could use the larger hook that the teacher recommended, Mom needed a smaller hook to be able to manipulate the yarn. Didn't she do great?
Sorry there's not more to tell. Will try to tell you more next time. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: