Wednesday, March 10, 2010

THE MADNESS HAS STARTED!




Sock Madness IV started at approximately 8:14 this morning with the release of the first pattern. The first sock is usually the least difficult one to get everyone started. Each pattern that follows is increasingly difficult. This one today uses several techniques with which I am unfamiliar. Fortunately, I checked out the Youtube video the designer suggested for a new way to cast on the sock. Then I cast on....2 at a time on one long 40" circular knitting needle. The sock is knit sideways and then knitted together along the back. It includes a heel and a toe that is knit in after the sock is made into tube along with the cuff portion of the sock. I'm only able to write this missive to you because I'm at work and can't knit. But once I get home tonight, very little computer work till the pair is done.

Keep tuned....I'll post the pair when I get them done. Wish me luck!

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Love your knitting lady! Good luck with your needles.