Sunday, March 16, 2008

Thriller Zombie Progress Report

I'm taking a short break from knitting on my Sock Madness 2 socks...the sock for round 1 is called Zombie and is pretty scary. It's a relatively easy pattern repeat, until you get to the 6th and 12th row where you deliberately drop stitches to make them ladder down 6 rows!!!!! No wonder they told us to use scary yarn! Here is a picture of sock # 1 where I am getting ready to pick up the gusset stitches and decrease.

I finished that sock last night and have already begun the 2nd sock...almost ready to work the heel flap on that one. Am still convinced I will make it into round 2 - only about 15 people in my division so far have finished their 2 socks and they are taking 40 in each division...I think I can probably finish this puppy by tomorrow nite. Keep good thoughts for me...I'm off to knit some more.

1 comment:

Lisa Boyer said...

What a clever pattern! It's gonna look great. I'm happy you used the Mineshaft (that is the LL Mineshaft, isn't it?) because I have some and now I know what it looks like. I love it! I love the way the colors pool and swirl--really goes great with the stitch-dropping thing. Very cool!