Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Finished!


Sock Pattern #1 in Sock Madness 2 is complete! Here they are. Done in Lorna's Laces colorway Mineshaft and knit on size 1 needles. Yep, Lisa, you nailed it right away. It's a bit difficult to see the laddering but see where it looks like there are holes in the sock? That's the laddering. Let me tell you, it's a bit unnerving to deliberatly let a stitch drop off the needle and watch it slide back 6 rows and then discover that you don't have to chase it and weave it back up! It makes you stop and freeze for a second: kinda like a Zombie! Then you just keep on knitting.
How about Dancing with the Stars last night? Those men are something else, aren't they? I was quite surprised at Steve Guttenberg...he's not half bad! And that Mario! Cristian is yum, too. Hopefully, the women will give them a run for their money tonight. Stay tuned, folks...this will be an interesting season.
Rain, rain, go away...DO NOT come again some other day (for a while, please). It's rained for the last 24 hours and we have almost 5 inches of rain so far...probably another 5 inches before it ends sometime tomorrow morning. The roads are awash and many roads are no longer drivable. The ground is so soaked from the 2 previous ice storms and snows that it is impossible for it to soak up any more.
I'm off to knit some more on a sweater that I'm working on...tonight was supposed to be a class for that same sweater but I don't have my homework done yet and the roads are so nasty that I don't relish a 30 mile drive there and back for the class...will have to try to catch up before the next Sock Madness pattern is released.
More later...

4 comments:

Lisa Boyer said...

Oh, how I looooove those socks! I seriously love them. I'm gonna have to drag out my Mineshaft. That's such a great pattern...the ladders DO remind me of those little blood drip thingies on the font of the word Thriller that you see so often. Spooky! You did a great job!!!! Love them!

Dawn said...

Man! I would 'give my right arm' to be able to knit like you! (Believe me, I have tried about 3 trillion times---not pretty.) But seeing your gorgeous pics of your gorgeous socks...well, makes me want to try just one more time.

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Congratulations on getting through Round 1 in smart time! Rest time now, but also finish those WIPs, and keep the hands limbered up for Round 2! Love the colourway too.

Chris said...

I like those better than my first pair! Thanks for the comment on my blog, what a lovely thing to say.
I'm looking forward to round 2, can't wait to see everyone's different interpretations. Did you see I was nominated for a creative award? Well chuffed!