Monday, January 30, 2023

Week 4 & 5 - Already behind!

Only 3 weeks into 2023 and I'm already behind....le sigh!  I committed to posting every week and I've fallen down on the job...forgive me.  I will try to do better, really I will!

Last week we got quite a bit of snow....almost 7 inches!  


It truly was a winter wonderland and fortuantely we didn't have to go out in it. 

I finally got my car back from the repair shop - 2 and a half months!  The supply chain issues have hit all over the world and it didn't skip over the car parts.  I still don't have a front license plate holder - that's on backorder!  But Miss Sparkle is finally home! And that's all that matters.


Today was supposed to be a day for doctor appointments for mom....but the weather had a different plan.  We have snow and icy slick roads today!  The snow really isn't accumulating but the cold, wet roads are icy and slick so we have decided NOT to venture out.  I cancelled mom's appointment with the Pain Center doctor - evidently I was not the first to call and reschedule an appointment for today cause they were NOT surprised.  

I spent all of the last weekend sewing - I finished 2 quilt tops that had been lingering for a while - one was started back in 2001 (yep, you read that right!) and I finally got it ready for the quilter.  It finished at 80 x100 inches!  The other was a BOM from 2020 and I changed it up a bit from the original setting design - I really dislike making seminole pieced strips - and I'm quite pleased with the outcome on that one, too.  In the course of rooting through a drawer with kits and projects stashed away, I found 2 more quilts that were close enough to being finished that I am encouraged to work on them.  One is a Shop Hop project from many years ago that had 12 inch blocks of cartoon-like animal heads...I had all the sashings and borders in the bag as well as a flannel backing. Might as well get that one done - it's a child's quilt that I can save until I finally have a great-grandchild - whenever that happens.  The other is a BOM that I did online a couple of years ago...I used bright batiks and a white-on-white background...all 12 blocks are there so I just need to do a simple setting with sashings and cornerstones and one border and that one will be ready for the quilter as well.  Once the weather clears, I will have several quilts to send off to be quilted by the amazing Oliver!

With the weather being so horrid, there really isn't a lot of driving about so there is no news to report....we are being smart and staying home and off the roads.  

Thanks for stopping by...see you all next week!

 

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looking forward to seeing your quilts, Sally! Yes indeed, staying home in this weather seems like a good idea.

Debbie said...

Sweet! You finally got your car! Looking forward to seeing some quilt finishes in future posts. Despite having lived in Alaska for over 20 years...I too will cancel appointments if I am worried about driving. I'm usually worried more about the other people on the road...avoiding their bad moves is what gets you into trouble.