Sunday, January 15, 2023

Week 3 of 2023

They say if you don't like the weather here, just wait a while and it will change.  That sure has been my experience this week.  We started out with almost 70 degree weather on Monday and went to a chilly, snowy Wednesday and today it will be around 40 degrees.  We might get a bit of snow later this next week but, for the most part, our temps should be a bit above normal.  I'll take it.  As I told John, I won't complain about rain, but I sure can gripe about snow and cold!

I still haven't gotten my car back.  There was a glitch when they went to put it together after getting all the parts in.  Evidently, Ford sent a device that didn't fit my car, even though their catalog says it's the right part.  It looked to me as though they were going to have to especially re-engineer a part for my car.  The car repair shop said they could put my car together and let me have it right away, without that part, but I would have no cruise control and the light that lets me know I have a problem with the cruise control would be on constantly.  It wouldn't affect driving the car. Since I rarely use the cruise control, it wouldn't be a problem for me.  They were in the process of putting my car together so I could have it till they figured out how to bypass the issue with the distance sensor and the wiring harness.  Then I'd take the car in so they could put the correct parts on.  They called me on Thursday to tell me that the Ford engineer had figured out a fix but the part needed to be ordered for her and she would get it on Monday, with the idea of me getting my car late Tuesday or Wednesday.  I really, really, REALLY want my car back but it didn't make sense for me to have them put it all together so I could have it for the weekend and then take it back to tear apart to add the part and button it up again.  So they kept my car over the weekend and I might, just might, get it back by the middle of this next week.  Fingers crossed! 

There's a love fest going on at our house.  Angel is part Great Pyrenees and part Golden Retriever - we think.  Pyrenees are cuddlers - they love to lean into their humans and get petted - for hours.  Angel is no different.  If a human is sitting, Angel is right there helping them occupy their hands for them!

We had some major problems with the well last week.  There was a leak in one of the pipes between the well pump outside the garage and the collection tank under the house.  It wasn't totally to be unexpected, the pipes are over 20 years old and made of PVC.  There have been some cool innovations in plumbing pipe in the last 20 years.  The plumbers had to dig up the driveway along the entire front of the house in order to remove the old pipes and replace with the newer ones.  Fortunately, it didn't take more than one day so we weren't without water for long.  

They used a backhoe to dig out where the pipes were. 


Along the front walk. The ditch went to the front wall, right where my studio is located. 

That blue pipe is the new pipe.  As I said, it took only a day to do it all and they came back the next day to fill in the ditches.  John used his tractor to smooth out the rougher areas of the driveway but having to dig it up disturbed 20 years worth of rock and gravel so now we have a dirt driveway again.  We will probable call the quarry and have a couple of dump trucks worth of gravel delivered this next week - and begin to build up a gravel base for the driveway in the front of the house.

Angel and Shiloh go to the groomer once a month.  Living out in the country, they have plenty of opportunity to run and get grungy with dirt and mud and other stuff.  They had their regular appointment this last week. When we went to pick them up, there was another dog there for his regular grooming. Meet Barney.
His humans own a wellness center and Barney is the Reception area greeter and therapy dog.  I gotta say, I instantly fell in love with him.  If he goes missing, they will probably come here to find him.  He gets a bath every other week and a haircut once a month. And he is so sweet and gentle.  Gotta love a big gentle dog!

Well, I have a quilt top calling my name.  I hope to show it next week.  

In the meantime, thanks for stopping by. 




1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness, Sally.....life is never dull on your farm! Your dogs are beautiful, and I'm sure their friend would love to come and live with them too.