Sunday, January 1, 2023

2023 A New Beginning

 Let's begin as we mean to continue, shall we?  I am beginning 2023 with a goal of posting once a week (probably on Sundays) for the entire year....Fingers crossed everyone!

I am so thankful to say goodbye to 2022.  While it wasn't a horrible year, it wasn't my favorite either.  John hurt his back in late September which resulted in a spinal procedure in early November and he continues to progress toward full strength in his back every day.  I still worry about him trying to do things that put a strain on his back but, he's a man, and that alone tells the whole story, doesn't it?

I had a car accident in early November that, fortunately, did not result in serious injury ( some bruised ribs and sore muscles for numerous weeks) but my car is still in the shop - supply chain issues mostly being to blame for the delay.  With a lot of luck, I should have her back sometime this next week.  I can't tell you how glad I will be that we will be back to a 2 car family again.  It's really hard to get mom in and out of the farm truck (no running boards require her to use a step stool and someone to hoist her up into the seat) and it's getting harder and harder for me to get in and out as well.  I am really ready to have my Sparkle back home again!

Christmas was a lovely quiet holiday for us.  (John and I just today took the tree down and stored it away in the Christmas Attic above the pantry).  We had bought a new 12 foot tree last January and this was the first year we have used it.  I must say, it is a HUGE tree.  

This is the bottom section - it measures 69" across the widest portion.
Finished construction - it took 4 hours to put together.
Christmas morning.  It's a lovely tree. And I am so glad we got it up into the attic till next year.

Today is New Year's Day....the beginning of another trip around the sun.  May you have a most Blessed 2023, filled with laughter, fun, love, good food, good friends, and a surprise or two. 

Till next week....thanks for stopping by. 




1 comment:

Jennifer said...

All the best to you and your family, Sally, for a wonderful 2023!