Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Week 3 - Brrrrrrr

This past week we see how Mother Nature can be a typical woman!  She's all over the place, temperature-wise. From unseasonably warm temps to frigid numbers, all in one week.

This past weekend was Martin Luther King weekend...no work for me on Monday since the library was closed for the holiday.  With today being my usual day off, I got a 4 day weekend. Yippee!  I sewed almost all day Saturday; Sunday was chore day, as usual.  Yesterday I spent moving stuff from the studio into another room in preparation for John to change out the lights in the studio from regular bulbs to LED bulbs....I can't wait!  Today I finished moving all the stuff out of the studio and now John has no obstacle to fixing my lights.  

In moving stuff, I find that some doesn't even need to live here anymore...I can take a bunch of stuff (mostly fabric that I bought long ago and really don't know why.  Our tastes change over time, doesn't it?) and give it away to allow more room in the studio for moving about. No pictures, I'm slightly embarrassed at the amount of 'stuff' that I've accumulated.  

In spite of the weather, the animals on this tiny farm still need attention.  Doesn't matter that the temps are frigid...snow on the ground, wind blustering, making the temps even more arctic than normal.  The cows still need hay.  
Brrrrrrrr.  He finished and came straight in to warm up!

Sometimes, when I'm sewing, I have company in the studio....and sometimes, my company decides he wants to help.
See that little black and white paw?  He sure wants to help.  
"Did I help, Mom?  Did I?"

Well, if you managed NOT to sew your paw while I was motoring down the seam, then, yes, you helped!  

It's time to get dinner started...my turn to cook tonight.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: