Sunday, January 13, 2019

2019 - Week 1 & 2 - Getting Started

Well, 2019 started off right nicely without us forcing ourselves to keep our eyes open and welcome the New Year.  We went to bed at the usual time, and, TA DA!  When we awoke on January 1st, the New Year had successfully been ushered in without our help.  I love that!  

Again, this year, I will try my darnedest to post a blog update each week...no promises.  Just Try!  I just heard Yoda in my head saying "There is no Try, only do or do not."  Well, that little green guy doesn't live at my house and here we certainly do Try!  

We passed a relatively quiet and pleasant and uneventful holiday season...the new year began with just the 3 of us plus the fur people and cows and chickens.  The weather stayed pleasant - cold but no snow or ice.  Here we are on the 13th of January and our first snowfall occurred last night.  It wasn't supposed to snow, it did anyway.  Fortunately, we only go about 1/4 inch of snow so it won't prevent me from going to work tomorrow.  


We don't expect any more snow today...just really cold temperatures.  I'm so glad I don't have an outside job.  

Earlier this week, this was the view outside my studio window...yes, that is a herd of deer grazing just past our south field, in the neighbor's front yard.  Our neighbor texted John to tell him we almost had a deer on the front porch. 

Well, I'm off to start work on another quilt.  Since finishing DA BIG QUILT for my friend in New Jersey, I've completed 5 table runners, 2 wall hangings, and one full sized quilt.  Yesterday I finished 2 table squares - need to make up a backing for each of them and then they can go to the quilter.  I have 2 big quilts already cut out and ready to sew up.  That doesn' include any knitting projects, either.  

I've finished 3 pairs of FlipFlop socks to send to a friend in Georgia.  She doesn't want to give up her FlipFlops but her feet get a bit cold so I did some FlipFlop socks to wear that cover most of her feet except the toes...that should help.  Got the box ready to mail tomorrow so that's one more thing off my list! 

John hung new curtains in the Great Room for me, and he took down some miniblinds in our bedroom (we also have blackout curtains on those windows so the miniblinds are superfluous - and the kitten has destroyed them playing with the cords).  I've got a huge pot of spaghetti sauce simmering on the stove - enough for dinner and then several more dinners worth to freeze.  The laundry is almost done. Now it's off to help mom get started on knitting a sweater for herself... And then I can spend the rest of the afternoon either knitting or sewing.  

I wish you a peaceful and happy week to come.  Thanks for stopping by. 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You have had a busy start to the year, Sally......well done!