Sunday, February 26, 2017

Week 9 - Knitting and Weather and Reading

Sometimes, one has to wonderful WHY, oh why do we have a cat?  Some would say it's for the companionship, others would say because they wanted to provide a home to a rescued animal...Our Gilligan hates not being the center of attention. So much so, he is willing to sit anywhere to be in your view.  Here, I'm working on a 2 color sock that requires quite a bit of my attention.  Naturally, Gilligan decided that HE needed that attention more than the sock did. He slowly worked his way up onto the table, then onto the arm of my chair and finally onto my lap where my view of the knitting was totally obscured.  Mom snapped this photo as proof.  Silly Kitty!  I ended up putting the knitting down and giving him my full attention for a few minutes.  Then I pitched him off my lap and went on knitting. 


I am the cataloguer at the local library.  That means any book that comes into the library and it's decided that it will be put onto the shelves must go thru my hands.  Occasionally a book crosses my desk that gives me the giggles or stops me in my tracks.  Just such a book crossed my path this past week.  The title is God Went to Beauty School by Cynthia Rylant.  It was new several years ago and I was so delighted by the contents that I got a copy of myself and one for my mom and one for my daughter-in-law.  Written in a poetry-like form, it tells the story of what God saw and did when He went to beauty school, ice skating,  and several other quite ordinary endeavors.  I highly recommend this book for a lovely quiet read that's guaranteed to make you feel good and smile.



We've had a fairly mild winter so far.  Only 3 snow days in December and nothing since then.  And the temps have been so out of normal - mostly 50's to 70's in January and February.  Today, we were sitting in the studio discussing our garden plans for this year when Mom came in and told us that it was snowing...yes, snowing!  It's been snowing off and on all day and no accumulation because the ground is so warm.  They say, if you don't like the weather in Missouri, just wait 15 minutes, it will change.  Today has proven that to be  so true.  


You can barely see it, but that's snowflakes coming down...by the time it hit the ground, it melted.  No build-up...no icy roads...the temps are around 35 degrees but the wind makes it feel much colder.  March is our drought month so this moisture sure is welcome.  We are expecting more rain toward the end of this net week...yeah!!!

Thanks for stopping by.




1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Gilligan, you are a gorgeous boy but a silly kitty! We're hoping for rain later this week too, it will be welcome after a very very dry February.