Sunday, February 14, 2016

Week 7: A Very WICKED Week

My very favorite play is called Wicked:The untold story of the Witches of Oz.  The music is invigorating and makes me want to dance every time I hear a song from the play.  I was able to see it back in 2008 in Los Angeles with my dear friend, Fran....what a treat!  We took the train up to L.A., saw the play and spent the night, then took the train back to San Diego.  When I heard they were bringing the National Tour to Springfield, I knew I HAD to get tickets.  I haunted the website on the day they were made available and was able to get 3 tickets.  This Tuesday was THE DAY!!!  I had my nails done by the indomitable Becca - She drew little witches hats on a couple of fingers and there is sparkle on all of them!  So cute.
Tuesday night found my 2 friends and I in the 11th row, so excited we would have wiggled our tails off if we'd been puppies.  

Terri, Me, and Destiny.


 Destiny and I couldn't resist having our picture taken in front of the poster.
I'm so glad I was able to share this experience with my friends here. 

Rarely do I get mail at work.  There's just no reason for it. Occasionally, however, a piece comes in and it gets put into my mailbox.  One piece arrived last weekend and it was decided that it was probably meant for me.   

We all got quite a giggle from that.

Today brought rain, drizzle, and ice to the Ozarks.  The windows on the east side of the house are covered in a thin layer of ice - they look like those frosted glass squares one sometimes uses in a bathroom window - lets in light but no one can see through.  The roads are a bit slippery so we are really glad we don't need to leave the homestead today.  Taking the dogs outside periodically, we can hear the drip, drip, drip of melting ice...although the temps aren't higher than freezing yet, and the clouds are covering the sunshine, we are still getting a bit of a melt...the roads won't be treacherous tomorrow when John has to go to work, thank goodness. 

Well, I want to get a couple of projects off the ground today.  Time to 'turn to' as they say in the navy!  Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

And of course your shirt matched your nails......well done, Sally!