Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

This week's challenge was to name our top ten Oscar winning movies....here goes:

1. 1961 - West Side Story - A wonderful remake of Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet.

2. 1964 - My Fair Lady - I'd love to see if the rain in Spain really does fall mainly on the plain!

3. 1965 - The Sound of Music - didn't every little girl fall in love with Julie Andrews? I did!

4. 1968 - Oliver - "Please sir, I'd like some more".

5. 1958 - Gigi - Louis Jordan at his most musical.

6. 1951 - An American in Paris - my 2nd favorite city in the world.

7. 1994 - Forrest Gump - If life is like a box of chocolates, why did mine only get nuts?

8. 1957 - Bridge on the River Kwai - watched this the first time with my Dad - have love it since.

9. 1990 - Dances with Wolves - Not normally a lover of western movies but this one got to me.

10 1939 - Gone With the Wind - "Oh, Miss Scarlett, I don't know nothn' 'bout birthin' no babies."

It was hard to cut it off at 10 so here are another 3 that really should have been included...as above, no real order to these.

11. 1995 - Braveheart - love me some early-years Mel Gibson.

12. 1989 - Driving Miss Daisy - Anything with Morgan Freeman or Jessica Tandy.

13. 1952 - The Greatest Show on Earth - 2 words - Charlton Heston!

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: