Thursday, October 18, 2007

Knit a Tit!







Saturday was the most wonderful day. We had about 35 folks show up to knit tits! So far we have around 50 boobs to donate to the American Cancer Society. And more are coming in. One ball of yarn will knit 4 boobs and some of the ladies took leftover yarn home to finish knitting. We are so blessed here in the Ozarks (and frankly, everywhere I've lived) to have such giving folks. Thanks to everyone who participated. Our T-Shirts said "Save Second Base". Appropirate, don't you think? Lisa (the owner of One City Market, my local yarn shop and favorite hangout) said she never wants to do another fund-raiser like this again....but until they find a cure for breast cancer, she will do this each year. I told her I'm with her! I've donated several Longaberger® baskets for door prizes and will do so again next year.

No comments: