Friday, October 12, 2007

Back home again!

I'm back home again. That is such a great feeling. Now, don't get me wrong, I love my grandchildren and my mom and my kids. The trip to Utah was wonderful and I'd do it again....after I wait 3 months to nap and regain my strength! In the meantime, home is where I want to be.

I'm frantically knitting some things for the grandkids for Christmas...obviously, I won't tell here what they are cause their parents read this blog. But I will say that the things I'm knitting are neat!

I keep a list of the things that I want to make for the Utah family....mostly quilted or knitted items. Jill occasionally adds something to the list. My list was down to a measly 3 things before I left for Utah. Now it's up to 10. Emily even added something - a smaller version of the purse I made for Jill a couple of months ago. Even Jill's neighbor got into the act...she's in line for a purse as well. I'm absolutely NOT complaining. Isn't it wonderful to have folks value you and your skills so much that they clambor to be the next in line to receive something you've made? I love it!!!!!

I'm participating in a fundraiser for Breast Cancer this weekend. It's called Knit-A-Tit. My favorite yarn shop is sponsoring it. We will be knitting breast prostheses for women who have undergone mastectomies and are unable to afford the prostheses. These are knitted ones. They are so cool! I've done several and have been designated a Tit Tutor for the event. We have prizes for the most knitted during the event, a Booboku Puzzle, food, drink, music, neat t-shirts....it should be a wonderful event. I'll post pictures if I get a chance to take some.

Thank you to everyone who reads this silly little blog. I wish I could remember to post more often, not that I have anything to say!

No comments: