Monday, February 20, 2023

Wow, 8 weeks into 2023 already.  The older I get, the faster time goes by.  

Spent most of last week working on a 'super secret' project that MUST be done by early June...I finished my part and now need to take it to a finisher....Will show a picture once the recipient has received it.  I'm really proud of it, to be sure!

We are having a new roof put on here at Pieceful Harbor.  The original roof was placed just about 20 years ago and, in spite of the advertisements of the tiles being a 30-year warrantee, most tiles only last about 20 years, especially here in the midwest, where we get really hard winds and rains and snow and ice.  So it was time.  The materials were delivered on Friday...


They had a nifty devise to load everything up onto the roof.


Ready to begin bright and early on Monday morning.

The 3 man crew arrived at 7:30 and jumped in right away.  I knew they were coming but was still abed - but not for long...they started banging and scraping and making a racket immediately.  Funny thing, they were so rhythmic in ripping the original tiles off the roof, I actually fell asleep for a short time!  


It's hard to believe they expect to have this finished by tomorrow afternoon at the latest - we are expecting rain on Wednesday.  

Every job needs a supervisor and I had one all last week in the studio... The Skipper is very diligent when making sure I'm on track with my projects!
He looks like he has his arms crossed and is concentrating very hard on my workmanship!

My best friend and I have tickets to see Hamilton this week -  I have wanted to see it since it made such a splash on Broadway several years ago.  It finally made its way to this area of the country and I got tickets for Fran and me to celebrate our January birthdays. 

Thanks for stopping by...see you next week. 





 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You're doing a good job, Skipper!