Sunday, February 26, 2023

Week 9

 Roofers came on Monday right at 7:30 in the morning...banging began immediately!  Our poor dogs had a frantic 2 days till the roof was complete.  They worked all day long on Monday and left just before sundown, returning at 7:00 the next morning and began to bang and pound again.  By 4:00 on Tuesday, they had completed our brand new roof and it is gorgeous!


Green roof again...just in time to greet the rainstorm on Wednesday morning!  

On Thursday, my best friend, Fran, and I had tickets to see Hamilton on stage in Springfield.  What a treat!  The play is very fast-paced, totally sung in the hiphop style....I had been listening to the soundtrack for a week so I was familiar with the story and the music - thank goodness!  I highly recommend seeing it if you get a chance.  Lin Manual Miranda wrote the story, lyrics and music after reading the book titled Alexander Hamilton  by Ron Chernow.  That book is the difinitive biography of Hamilton.  I bought the book and will begin reading the 810 pages soon.  Most of the history we learned in school only touched on Hamilton and his contribution to the founding of the United States and the Revolutionary War...the play opened up a whole slew of history that I had never heard.  I talked to my son who was a Political Science major in college with a minor in history and he, too, loved the play and highly recommends the book as well.  Will report in once I've slogged thru the Chernow book.


The weather patterns around here have been, well, unpredictable at the least.  We had sun for 2 days, then rain, then a cold and windy day on Thursday, then warmer on Friday and Saturday and today is overcast with rain, wind, and possibly tornadoes later tonight....as I said, unpredictable! I am soooooo looking forward to spring!

Thanks for stopping by! Seeya next week. 


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You are looking forward to spring.....and we are looking forward to autumn! Love the new roof.