Sunday, March 8, 2020

Oh, Golly, How TIme Flies

I can't really say I'm surprised....time goes so quickly and if I blink, it seems to go even faster!  

Last month, I was reminded that Mom and Dad would have celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary if Daddy had still been alive.  I am in awe of folks in long-term marriages.  I guess I can include my own marriage in that group - we will celebrate 47 years of bliss in July....where has the time gone?  More on that later.

We've lived in this house for 17 years....and all the appliances in the kitchen are original.  At least they were till last week.  John has repaired the dishwasher several times but this time we decided we would replace it instead of repairing it.  We had talked about getting a Bosch brand because we'd heard they are really good and REALLY quiet.  In the past, because the kitchen is an open floor plan with the great room, we have had to schedule the dishwasher to run while we were alseep.  Not any more....this one is so quiet that we can all watch a movie while it goes and there's no noise!  Here is the old one waiting to go to the dump and the new one waiting installation.

 

And here's Shiloh....he wanted to help with the installation but kept getting in the way. So John put him here in the studio with me and put up the baby gate.  Puppy is NOT happy.

March always brings not only springlike weather, but the annual knitting contest Sock Madness.  And once again, I am competing against over 1000 knitters from around the world.  The field will narrow quite a lot once the qualiying round is over this coming Saturday.  I haven't qualified yet but hope to finish the assigned pair by the deadline of 11:00 a.m. on the 14th.  I finished the first sock and have cast on the 2nd one.  I was enrolled in a two-day embroidery workshop right after the pattern came out and another 1/2 day workshop following that.  So I lost 2.5 days of prime knitting time but I still think I can get this pair done by the deadline.  The designer is one who has provided patterns for Sock Madness before and I really like her designs.  However, this year it is quite challenging, even to the most experienced of knitters.  I can't say this one is going on my list of ones I want to knit again.  Here is the first sock.....
That green is an eye-searing neon called Envy by Hedgehog Fibres in Ireland.  And the tonal one is called Maple Leaf by Pagewood Farms.  Those 'chains' are a realy PITA but I perservered and I'm determined to master this one.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.

April 4th is comin up....what does that have to do with the price of cotton, you ask?  Well, on April 4th 2007 this little blog began.  And for the last 13 years I've been entertaining you with tales of Pieceful Harbor in southwest Missouri.  Hopefully, we will continue for another 13 (or more) years.  
Stay tuned.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Posts said...

Every milestone you mentioned, from marriage to appliance to blog, is amazing. That's a lot of times around the sun.

Jennifer said...

There comes a time in a marriage when appliances need to be replaced - we have noticed this, too! You're right, that neon green is eye-watering. You are ahead of me in the blog stakes, well done!