Monday, February 17, 2020

Mid-February Doldrums

February in southwest Missouri is kinda blah.  It's the month that our winter weather really sets in - most of the ice storms we've had since living here have been in February.  This year, no ice - thank goodness - but we've had snow and we've had rain and we've had cloudy days that seem to last forever.  Today is another one of those cloudy days.  It's finally trying to warm up: yesterday we had nice temps in the 50's and today is supposed to get to near 60 degrees, in spite of the clouds.  Mom does not do well when we have continued overcast days - it's depressing, to say the least.  I don't mind them most of the time cause I don't like lots of sunshine.  As long as I don't have to be outside in the sunshine, I'm okay, though.  

I have almost always been an alone kind of person.  When John was in the Navy and young John had moved away to go to college and then to begin his own life, I was alone.  I am perfectly happy being alone.  Mom came to live with us almost 4 years ago and since then I am rarely in the house alone. I'm rarely going anywhere all by myself.  It doesn't bother me to have someone else in the house or with me in the car.  On Saturday, I needed to go into town to get food for the cats and the dog.  I went alone.  It was the weirdest feeling to not have someone sitting beside me in the car. I stopped off at Shawn's Sewing Center - my favorite place to sit and sew - and then went to the bookstore, and then Joann's to get some ribbon for a quilt I'm working on and then to pick up the pet foods and then home.  I enjoyed it but it was weird.  

There is a lot of sniping and griping and political jabs going on on Facebook.  I'm so tired of it.  I now understand why we of my generation were cautioned to never have conversations about sex, religion, or politics in public.  Folks have their own opinions - which is fine - but I don't have to hear about it and you don't have to be so nasty trying to convince me I'm wrong in my beliefs.  I saw this the other day and it sure works for me!
This definitely works for me!

I love my husband!  I really do.  We've been married 47 years this year.  But sometimes, he's a doofus!

He's a sucky looker!  But since I already know this, I overlook it and usually look for something myself! 

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

In Australia we use the nouns "boy look" and "girl look" for something, the one having a girl look usually finds what they are looking for......perhaps you could use them too! I know what you mean by alone time, I treasure mine as it seldom happens - but will next weekend.

Debbie said...

I always say to my husband...if it was a snake he was looking for it would have bitten him.

Sherrill said...

I hate the 'political' season along with all the TV commercials that go along with it. I can really like someone but if I find out they're on the opposite side of the fence politically from me, that can change a lot! I'd just rather not know and I would never bring it up.