Saturday, August 24, 2019

Week 32 - Finishing

This past week has been one for Finishing.  Finishing project started a while back.  And finishing ones started a short time ago.  

Row by Row started back in 2011 but I wasn't aware of it until 2014.  The following year, 2015, I got really involved in collecting kits and patterns. The theme that year was water, or H20.  I had flown out to Arizona to see mom and then spent a few days with a friend down in Phoenix. Since we are both quilters, we hit a few quilt shops to get row kits.  This one is a personal favorite - Arizona Rainforest from Sun Valley Quilt.
I love the colors of this row.  And the piecing wasn't terribly involved; it just involved being totally focused on which way to put each piece. This row will go into my Arizona quilt - don't ask me when it will be done, I simply do not have a clue!  

I also finished a Bucilla kit this week.  Holy Family is one that called to me from the very first time I saw it.
This is 18" long.  There weren't a lot of pieces to this one.  I'm already working on another.  Kitty's Christmas is one that only has about 60 pieces so it won't take long to complete.  

The following picture came up on my Facebook feed the other day.
That smile has always enchanted me....it's just the right amount of sweet and tender mixed with a pixie glint.  This past week, this lovely young lady had her braces taken off, after 2.5 years as a brace face.  
There's that sweet, tender, pixie glint I've always loved.  

And a final finish for this week.  The pattern is called May Flowers but I used autumn colors to make this Autumn Flower Bench Pillow.  I spent all day Thursday at the monthly clinic making this one.  I got all the embroidered applique done there and came home to make the ribbon flowers and put the whole thing together yesterday.  I'm particularly proud of this one!  
Now on the more bench pillows....I'm thinking the next one will be Gather Together - just in time for Thanksgiving.  Or maybe I'll work on Boo - for Halloween.  Depends on what mood I'm in when I go to choose a pattern for the next one.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: