Monday, August 19, 2019

Week 30 & 31 - Sewing Along

I've spent the last two weeks just sewing and sewing and sewing some more.  And stitching and embroidering.  I like a lot of needle arts, as you can see.
This lovely row is from Floyd & Lizzie's in Salt Lake City. It was from 2016 but will go quite nicely in my Food & Drink quilt. That is, of course, once I get cracking on that particular quilt.  

This next set of 2 rows are from 2015.  The top one is from Minnesota and the bottom one is from California.  The California one has intimidated me for a long time.  One day last week, I woke up and just knew how to accomplish it...it went together very well, I think. 

The bottom row is from That's So Debbie in Groton, CT.  It is from 2016.  She always does a maritime row since Groton is the home of the Submarine Service branch of the US Navy.  While we weren't part of the Sub Service, I still was drawn to this row since it features Homecoming at its most beautiful.  I will be using this row in my Silhouettes quilt - I've got a lot of them done already and might be ready to put it together really soon.

The garden is producing this year, thanks mostly to the fact that John put an electric fence around it to keep the deer and other nighttime creatures away from our produce.  This was almost a 3/4 full 5 gallon bucket of tomatoes...yes, it's only 7 quarts, but that's more than we got in the last 2 seasons - which was NOTHING!   John picked again this past weekend and we will probably get another 4 quarts out of that batch.  And there are even more tomatoes ripening on the vine.  

And finally, another cute picture.

Yes, that is kitties sleeping on top of the tall laundry cabinets.  That's my tall washer and dryer on the bottom and the top cabinets above them.  And kitties sleeping in their baskets at the very top.  Keeps them away from Kai Bella, you know.  Kai really does not care of kitties - she hasn't attacked yet, but she growls a lot when one walks by.  The cats give her a wide berth in the house and prefer to sleep far away from her so they aren't taken by surprise when she comes in to the laundry room for water.  

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: