Sunday, April 28, 2019

Week 15 & 16 - New, New, New - Glasses, Sofa, Piglets

I promised I'd show off my new glasses.  Sofia Vergara brand, blue, slightly larger than the last ones.  
TaDa!
I really like these, except it's taking forever to get used to the new prescription.  Mom got a deep aqua color for her new frames.  Stylin'!

John and I have been trying to come to agreement on a sofa for the great room for so long, I forget how long it's been.  A couple of weeks ago we went to Springfield to run some errands and while we were there, we stopped at Ashley Home Furnishings to take a look at what they had to offer.  By the time we left, we'd ordered a new sofa - deep grey leather, power reclining seats, oversized seats for the recliner.  Oh, my heavens, it is so soft and comfy!  


A perfect addition to the great room!  

John and our neighbor, JohnP, picked up piglets yesterday. 7 Berkshires.  




5 weeks old yesterday.  2 of them are ours.  We raise one for our son and his family in Utah and one for us.  Not sure which ones are ours yet, but they are named Pua and Pigg!  They get to live the good life until the end of October when they will go to Freezer Camp as all good pigs should!

This past week was our annual Cherry Blossom Festival here in Marshfield.  It's the 11th year (I think).  Family members of former U.S. Presidents, actors, writers, famous Missourians and various others come every year to present stories of their families, meet the locals, sign autographs, sell their books, etc.  One of the local bakers presented a cookie decorating class and I figured, hey, I have always wanted to learn how to work with royal icing, so I signed up for the class.  She provided the dozen cookies each with a pink royal icing start....we learned how to pipe branches and cherry blossoms.  Here are mine:
Well, I think spring is finally here in southwest Missouri.  We've had lots of rain but no snow for a while. Windy days and cool evenings and warmer days.  

Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: