Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Week 13 & 14 - Caqtching Up

Evidently, I am supposed to blog every other week this year...that seems to be what I've been able to accomplish and what is easiest for me. And I'm perfectly happy with this concept this year.

Since last we spoke, I've completed Round 2 of Sock Madness and have been accepted into Round 3.  That round should start sometime after this Friday, (I'm thinking sometime Monday since Sunday is Easter Sunday). Here are my Round 2 socks:

I used a navy blue for the Main fabric and a pink/white/grey for the contrast.  The only difference in the two socks is that the right side one has 5 repeats of the leg pattern (I was following the pattern and the mods changed it to 4 repeats - I didn't know till after I'd already done the heel - no stopping then!)  I might take off the cuff on that one, rip out the one repeat, and re-knit the cuff.  Or, perhaps I'll leave them and live with a slightly longer sock!

I got to talk to my friend, Shelly, yesterday.  She and another friend are responsible for my being so obsessed with quilting.  I miss her so much. She still lives in southern California.  We get to talk on the phone about twice a year, if we're lucky.  I don't know why we don't talk oftener, why do we never talk with lifelong friends or even new friends oftener?  Time gets away from us, that's why.  Anyway, when we finally reconnect, it's as though we never stopped the last conversation.  We had been on the phone for just shy of 2 hours and I mentioned I needed to get some things done...She mentioned she had tons more to talk about.  I will try to reach out sooner than 6 months from now.perhaps at the end of next month when I know she's gotten home from several trips she has planned.  

Am working on a cute little quilt - a jelly roll from a very long time ago.  The fabric line was called S'Mores - yep, it's marshmallows made into snowmen in brown, green, pink, purple, and aqua.  I'm pairing it with black and it's going to be so stinking cute!  Will get a photo on here soon.  But in the meantime, here is part of one block.


John and I went to his 50th High School Reunion this past weekend.  His class had 30 folks graduate back in 1969.  They've lost several classmates but 10 of them managed to make it to Table Rock State Park.  It was windy and very cold so everyone agreed that 2 and a half hours was enough of a reunion!  We cleared off the pavilion and everyone went home.  I made some quilt squares and had everyone sign one.  Will send a square to those who weren't able to come to the reunion and ask them to sign and send them back.  Once I'm sure I've gotten all the squares returned, I will put them together into a quilt for John.  
Here is the group photo we managed to get.  
Yes, it was wicked cold out there...and starting to spit rain. 

I'm taking this next few days before the next round of Sock Madness to finish up some projects...some quilted, some knit.  Till next time!

Thanks for stopping by. 


No comments: