Sunday, February 10, 2019

Week 5 & 6 - Elephants and Turtles and Whales, Oh My!

The last couple of weeks I've spent taking items out of the studio, in preparations for John to change out the lights in the ceiling to LED lamps.  Those suckers are BRIGHT!  And make it so much easier to see when I'm sewing or knitting at night.

The Sewing Drought seems to be over.  Yesterday alone, I made up three rows from the 2015 Row by Row experience event.  The theme that year was H20 - or Water.  Se there were a lot of fish and water scenes.  Here are 3 of them.
Really fun to make.  I have several other kits with fish or undersea themes or boats.  Together, they will make a lovely little quilt.  Now to get time to finish them off!

It's cold and icy today.  The temps are above freezing so what little bit of rain we got this morning had turned to ice and is now melting.  They say we will have more ice later today.  I don't mind, as long as we don't have work tomorrow - then I can sew and not have to worry about driving in it.  

Our furnace is on the blink again.  Fortunately, it's still under warranty so it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg to get it repaired.  Punxatawyney Phil didn't see his shadow on Groundhog Day so they are predicting an early Spring....as far as I'm concerned, Spring starts on March 20th, regardless of that silly groundhog's predictions.  

Sorry for the short blog post this time.  Mark this down on your calendars, as it's a rare occurrence - Sally didn't have a lot to say this week!  

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: