Sunday, September 23, 2018

Week 38 & 39 - Catching Up

It seems as the year continues on towards its natural ending on December 31st, I am having more and more difficulties getting the blog done.  I start out the year with such good intentions - once a week is not too much to ask, right?  Once the summer begins to wane, I seem to run out of steam on the blogging front.  That being said, I am going to try again to get back to once a week till the end of the year.

My absolute favorite time of year is finally here!  I love Fall!  I mean I really love Fall!  The temperatures are in the mid-60's to high 70's.  The light in the sky - well, there's just something about that that makes me happy.  Yes, the day gets dark earlier - that's not one of my favorites.  And Fall means that winter can't be far behind - again, not a favorite of mine.  But only because of the snow and ice!
If I could spend the winter inside not contending with the hazards of snow and ice, I would like winter more.  But I digress from my Ode to Fall.  The trees are beginning to change their clothes to fall colors - Remember when we all had our colors done, back in the 80's?  My colors were Autumn - I look best dressed in all the colors of Fall - rust, gold, orange (even though I'm a redhead), yellow, yellow-green, brown, khaki.  Yep, even my own color palette is Fall.  I like decorating our front porch - but usually only get excited and actually do it for Fall.  In fact, we have some plans for the front of the house for this year - just no time to actually do it.  Hopefully soon I can show you pictures of our Porch Panorama for this year.  

Here is a Fall Bucket List that I found on the internet.  Now, we don't have children living at home anymore so actually DOING a Fall Bucket List is pretty far down on our list of things to do.  But it's fun to look at them.


We won't be Camping or running a 5K, And I certainly won't be watching football.  But we already do a lot of those - Use Cinnamon, make chili, Soup, watch sunsets.  And my favorite on that whole list - can you guess?  Yes, KNIT!  Doncha just love that knitting got onto that list?  I sure do.

I finished all the socks that were on the needles earlier this past week.  These eye-searing ones made me happy to knit.  


The yarn color is one of the Ass yarns - Scary Ass.  Seems to fit, right?  I'm getting ready to cast on an entirely new pattern for socks.  One that I've wanted to knit for a very long time.  The pattern is Fiesta Feet by Lucy Neatby.

It's kinda scary to look at, but if you take that elephant and cut it down to bitesize, you can get it done, right?  That's what I intend to do with the Fiesta Feet pattern; cut it down to bitesize and knit away till it's finished.  The picture really doesn't do it justice.  I saw a pair knit up at the yarn shop last week and it was stunning.  I'll post, of course, when mine are done - don't hold your breath.  I am NOT a monogamous knitter!  So these may take a while.

Here's a cute emoji that I found on the internet....it, too, makes me happy.

That's me, all year long!

Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: