Sunday, July 1, 2018

Week 27 - Hot & Humid

It seems all I talk about is the weather these days.  It's hot and humid here in the Ozarks.  Given that it's July, one would expect it to be hot and humid in the Ozarks!  So we are on track for typical weather.  

The insurance inspector came Tuesday afternoon to take a look at the damage to the truck from the deer. He took 38 photos (why in the world would he need pictures of the inside upholstery when the deer hit the front grill and bumper, I'll not even try to figure out!).  Once he left I went in to finish some things I'd started....computer email thing went Ding!  I took a look and it was a notice from the insurance company that they had completed their estimate (attached to the email) and had deposited the amount of the estimate, less our deductible, into our checking account...we were good to go!  I mean, come ON guys, that was way too fast...I think I got whiplash from how fast that went!  Literally less than an hour.  John took the truck into the shop that will fix it and they've ordered the parts...we are leaving it at the shop on the 15th and they will start work on it bright and early on the 16th - with us picking it up on the 17th, bright and shiny like new! This was way, too easy.

Spent part of yesterday with a friend who had taken several of my sock knitting classes before she moved to Arizona.  She came back to visit and called me to see if I would take a look at 4 of her projects that she's started, and then put down and when she picked them up again, she just wasn't sure where she was....we spent a lovely 3 hours taking a quick look at her socks, marking where she was on each, and then catching up on all her doings there in AZ...I sure do miss the Valley.  Don't miss the summer heat or the traffic, but I miss most everything else about it.  She's going to pick up some of the patterns/kits for this year's Row by Row Experience for me.

The theme of this year's Row by Row Experience is Sew Musical.  I wasn't entirely thrilled with the offerings this year.  A lot of them just don't appeal to me.  Then I saw a couple of 'rows' that featured guitars....hmmm, something about that grabbed me.  I now have a plan to make a guitar quilt using rows from shops from all over the U.S.  There really are only about 12 rows so at least I won't have 100 people looking to get row kits or patterns for me this year.  My quilting mojo is slowly coming back and I don't want to be overwhelmed with patterns/kits that I know I just won't have time for.  Keeping it to a single theme will make it easier on my nerves!

This coming week we have the 4th of July holiday...it falls on Wednesday this year.  That means I have both Tuesday and Wednesday off work.  No students on Tuesday so I can spend the entire 2 days sewing and/or knitting....I think we will do a pork tenderloin for the holiday.  Not sure if on the grill or the oven of the crock pot...will decide on the day what mood I'm in.

I've got a can of peach pie filling in the pantry so I took out the frozen pie crusts and will whip up a small peach pie for the 3 of us this afternoon. John has a big pot of what I think if bean soup going in the crockpot and it smells delicious!  I love it when he makes bean soup - the best in the world.  

Sorry, no pictures this week...I've been quite lax in snapping photos with my camera....will try to do better this next week.

Happy Independence Day to all you Americans....Happy 4th of July to everyone else....it's still a day to celebrate being alive!



Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: