Sunday, January 14, 2018

Week 2 - January in Missouri

Our temperatures continue to see-saw.   This past week we went from the mid-30s to mid-60s and now down to the mid-20s with snow.  
Even the cows are not immune to the snowfall.  John put out fresh hay for them yesterday and that lump of hay at the front right of the photo fell off the roll...all 3 cows headed for it and laid down in it.  I figure it was really warm for them to lay down.

Since this is a holiday weekend - Martin Luther King Holiday is tomorrow -  and I always have Tuesdays off, I've got an especially long weekend.  I'm tidying up the studio - slowly - and hope to get in some sewing while I'm at it.

My office partner loves to watch cooking shows on youtube.  He decides he wants to make pasta or cook a roast a different way and heads to youtube to see how others do it.  He is particularly fond of this one woman who has a Russian accent and is really funny.  The other day, he started to laugh at lunch...I turned around and this was the disclaimer on her site for whatever she was going to cook that day:

Allergy Warning:
This contains a scale, a calculator, and might contain traces of math!

It struck me and I started to giggle myself!  

Gilligan hasn't asked to sneak outside recently...I can't imagine anyone wanting to go outside with the snow and the cold.  John found him like this when he got up this morning.
Warm, safe and sleeping kitty!

John has to work tomorrow even though it's a holiday for most folks.  I think we will stay home and either sew or knit...maybe watch a movie.  No sense in going out in the snow and cold when we have a nice warm house.

Thanks for stopping by.  

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm with Gilligan, I wouldn't be going out in that either!