Sunday, January 7, 2018

2018 - Week 1

2018 has begun and it's started off fairly well.  My birthday was on Tuesday, the 2nd...let's not discuss the age issue.  Suffice to say, I am not a card-carrying Medicare recipient.  How the h*** did I get to be this old?  Never mind...it's all a state of mind anyway, so they say.

Mom's birthday was yesterday and she continues to amaze me.  I love that lady like crazy and we are so honored that she is living with us and trusting us to take care of her.  She got a ton of phone calls from friends and family all day long.  We all went out to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Bambino's, to celebrate both of our birthdays.  Braved the frigid temps and came home stuffed!  

Speaking of temperatures, we started off the new year with really cold - I mean frigid, I mean arctic temperatures.  The temperatures at night were below 0 and the temps during the day mostly got up in the teens.  Brrrrrr.  Today is a relatively mild day, rainy with wind chills that are sometimes making the rain freezing rain.  Fortunately, we are expecting the thermometers to get up to the high 30's, maybe into the 40's...and by Wednesday or Thursday we hope to see in the high 50's...I'm not stupid enough to expect the winter weather to stay temperate...no, indeed.  We have 72 more days till spring and February is usually our 'worst' winter month here...so I don't think we are done with snow yet.  As long as I don't have to drive in it, I'm good!

 I saw this on the internet the other day.  Sometimes the stuff I see really resonates with me and this one did.  I'll share it with you all.


Thanks for stopping by.  

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hard to believe that the new year is already a week old! Your year has started well, Sally, and hopefully will continue along the same path.