Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Week 50 - The Reason for the Season

I know, it's a cliche....but it's always true in my book.

Mom and I played hooky on Friday and went to the movies.  We saw The Star.
It's the story of Christ's birth, but told from the animals' perspective.  A delightful rendering of the Christmas story that brought us to happy tears.  I highly recommend it.  Once it comes out on DVD, it will join our favorite holiday movies!

On another note, our Elf on the Shelf showed up - late.  Bernard arrived today, a full 12 days later than the other elves have shown at other homes.  I guess, since we have no children in the household, he didn't feel the need to hurry.  
He landed in the bookshelves - seems he's also a reader, like me and mom! 

My local yarn shop, commonly known to knitters as LYS, got a new line of yarns in that just make me giggle. Mom likes them, too.  ASS yarns.  Rather irreverent but still make me smile.  
Here you see from left to right:
Jack ASS, Scary ASS, Cute ASS, and Not Gettin' Any ASS!  Those were my absolute favorites in the entire line. Will try to remember to show you the socks that come from them.  

It is getting colder here, just about every other day.  Warm, cold, warm, cold, etc.  And no rain in sight.  The last time we had significant rain was back in August...we really need some precipitation, and soon!  But, as far as I'm concerned, the snow can hold off indefinitely!

Thanks for stopping by...

1 comment:

Debbie said...

HeeHee...Love those ASSy yarns.