Sunday, August 27, 2017

Week 34 & Week 35 - I'm a Slacker

Yes, folks, I totally didn't get last week's blog post done...I'm a total slacker!  I could blame it on the eclipse but I won't.

We were not in the 'strip' across the nation to see the Total Eclipse but we were darned close.  It started to get 'dark' around 10 in the morning on Monday and by 1:13 in the afternoon it was just plain eerie!  One of the girls at work had a pair of eclipse glasses so we all took turns going out behind the library and looking at it.  I must say, it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I wasn't totally awed like some folks but it was something to put in the memory book.

I saw this a few days after the eclipse.  Given the atmosphere around this country, I thought it appropriate.

On an entirely different note, the Hussies are home!  I don't know if any of them are pregnant - John plans on taking them in to the vet in November to have pregnancy tests done on them.  But Beast sure is happy to have his girls home again...he's been quite lonely all by himself for the last 3 months.  Let's not tell him that this coming Friday he is going to Freezer Camp...don't want to stress him out - it affects the meat!

From left to right you have Belle, Beast, Garnet, and Rosie.

I don't know if my readers in foreign countries are aware of the brouhaha going on here regarding Confederate statues...it's silly really.  Some folks want to remove statues dedicated to the period of time in our history that included the Confederacy.  It offends them....just like the Confederate flag offends them.  It's part of our history, folks...it really happened and we need to be reminded of it so it doesn't happen again.  I've decided to hop on the statue removal band wagon. Here is the one I want taken down permanently...


Thank for stopping by.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh yes, the statue removal debate has reached here too......some folk want our colonial era statues removed, and while that won't change what has already happened I can see, to those whose ancestors were badly affected by events at the time, having those reminders around must feel like rubbing their face in it. The lunar eclipse totally passed us by, here it was a story on the TV news!

Debbie said...

Catching up on blog reading...I would like to get rid of that statue too! The worst part of every doctor's visit.