Sunday, April 9, 2017

Week 15 - Sky and Clouds and Weather

So this past week was a mixture of clouds and rain and extreme weather - in other words, The Usual here in the Ozarks during early Spring. 

It's not unusual for TV shows to be interrupted for storm updates.  Nor is it usual to see the following in the Spring here in the Ozarks. If you embiggen the photo, you can see Seymour.  That town is about 15 miles south and east of us.  This was the other evening.  No severe weather came our way - we're pretty lucky that way.

Most of the pretty days are, well, truly pretty.  Here is what I drove home to the other day.
Big, fluffy clouds in a crystal blue sky.  Green grass and budding trees.  Truly gorgeous!

And another.
I've always been enchanted by clouds....they are white and fluffy and gray and black and menacing and everything in between.  And I never get tired of seeing them in the sky.  

Have spent the last few days working on projects that need finishing.  Socks that need a mate to the first one, a doll sweater, a block of the month that I started with the best intentions of doing each block during the month it came out and yesterday I finished all the hand-work on the January block!  Yes, I'm a bit behind on that one.  I also worked up the block from my local quilt shop that I do each year - May's block is done, as well as being caught up on all the ones for this year in a different color way...yes, I'm an overachiever!  

I'm off to finish the laundry.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: