Sunday, March 12, 2017

Week 11 - Busy Week

This past week was quite lovely, in spite of the tornado watch/warnings on 2 different days.  

Tuesday mom and I had dentist appointments, just 1/2 yearly cleanings and no cavities for either of us. Yeah!!! We grabbed some lunch and then treated ourselves to a movie.  Several years ago I came upon a book that really impacted me.  The Shack  is one of those books that stay with you for a long time.  I bought a copy for my mom and she got several copies for friends.  And this past week, the movie they made from the book came out.  It's spectacular! I mean it's really, really good.  Spent a lot of time with tears running down my chin and left the theater with a wet collar.  We both agreed when this movie comes out on DVD, it's going to become a part of our collection.   



Both on Tuesday and Thursday nights we had tornado warnings/watches.  The weather was a perfect combination of warm ground and cold air to spawn tornadoes.  There were several all around us but, as usual, we were spared.

On Friday, we met with friends for dinner at Mangia.  We usually meet with these friends about once every 6 weeks or so...And we try to go to different restaurants. We have some favorites that we go to again and again but this time we tried something different.  Oh, golly, the food was amazing and our server, Ali, was the epitome of Good Service.  

I love Italian food and this was so yummy...everyone had something different and we all agreed that there wasn't anything that was less than stupendous!

Finally, I'm still working on the qualifying sock/s for Sock Madness.  The pattern is quite trying, to say the least and I have resigned myself to only completing one sock by the deadline this Thursday.  That will put me on the cheerleader team and will not allow me to compete but I will receive all the patterns for the competition.  And, I'm okay with that.  Some of the seasoned competitors from years past are also struggling with the pattern and will not go on to compete either.  I'll show you the finished sock once it's done.  

Got this picture earlier this week. This one was taken way back in the early 1970's...not sure exactly when.  It's my brother on his motorcycle...we were all so darned young then, weren't we?

John has been working on finishing mom's closet this weekend.  And it's now done.  Mom is tickled to have so much storage room now.

         

And she can hang her clothes a lot better now, too.  These pictures show the two closets that sit side-by-side, 

Well, I'm off to knit some more on my sock...until next time. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sounds as though you have had a very busy week!