Wednesday, August 11, 2010

New Quilt, New Foal, and a New Computer!

00Our neighbors to the south of us have several horses in the pasture. I certainly don't pay a lot of attention to them on a regular basis, as evidenced by the fact that a new baby was born last week and I never even noticed that the mare was pregnant! I came home from work on Wednesday and this is what I saw - it wasn't there when I left for work at 11:00 that morning! Not sure if it's a boy or girl - doesn't matter really. Our grandson, William, is nuts about horses so I sent him an email with pictures of the baby. He's even more excited about coming to visit Nana and Papa now that we have horses in the fields next door!
And about 18 months ago Jill asked me to make a quilt for the downstairs family room. Of course, I can't say no to my daughter-in-law! It took me till now to get in gear and make the quilt. I'm quite proud of the way it came out, my quilter did a fantastic job on the quilting. Jill got it just after her birthday! We're all happy now!
John's been toying with the idea of getting me a laptop computer for a while now. In fact, he admitted that he was going to get me one for our anniversary last month. We talked last week and finally decided to bite the bullet and get one. It should arrive today if the tracking is correct. I can't wait to get my programs loaded and the LAN set up so I can access all my documents from the studio instead of stopping what I'm doing and going to the other side of the house where the office is located. Thanks, John....you're still proving that you are my HERO!
Thanks for stopping by.


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the quilt, and that little foal is sweet! I have been tossing up about getting a laptop just for me......still might......could load my EQ on it.

Julie said...

Oh, what an adorable quilt! I've got a quilting class starting in about a month, can't wait!