Friday, February 12, 2010

Je Suis Morte!

Well, for me, Sock Wars V has come to an end. I was killed on Monday by a pair of Don't Box Me In socks in a beautiful shade of green called Pushing Up Daisies Green. I am not posting a picture here. They are gargantuan on my size 10 foot and the guage is way off. For that reason, the Supreme Commander has requested that I send them to her so they can be classed a misfire, unpicked, and reknit according to the rules. I'm still dead....dead, dead, DEAD! But at least I'll end up with a pair of socks that I can actually wear.

On another note, Sock Madness IV starts in another month....this is a competition I just love! The folks are so encouraging, even though most of us have never met each other. In this particular competition, the socks are knit for myself...no mailing to another person. I MUST knit to guage, follow the pattern exactly, and knit fast enough each round to get into the next one. I'll keep you all posted once the actual contest starts.....sometime around March Madness (mid March).

I AM showing you pictures I took today.....



Flurries! Again????? At least it isn't sticking.

And, finally, a short note on cats....they like to be inside stuff! Any stuff! Even the backs of dressers that are being repaired....



Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cats like their little hidey-holes! It's difficult for us in Australia to imagine what it is like to live in a snowy climate.

ImplausibleYarn said...

So sorry to hear about your death, I myself have recently suffered from the same ailment...
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment.
P.S. You can keep the snow if it want to visit you, I'm done with shoveling and scraping ice myself.