Monday, March 27, 2023

Week 12 & 13

I guess it doesn't really matter what I decide to do, the Universe is totally in charge anyway!  It seems I only remember to post about every two weeks....I suppose that's better than not posting at all. Sorry!


Lots of stitching happening these days.  I've committed to 3 SALs (stitch alongs) and one of them is complete. 

This is the Starwoman mystery SAL from Barbara Ana Designs.  It was inspired by the David Bowie song, Starwoman.  I love love love Barbara Ana designs...this one was a quick one to stitch as it only had 3 parts and they were about 2 weeks apart...plenty of time to get each clue done before the next one came out.

The next one is the Dr. Who mystery SAL.  Again, I don't know what the finished product will look like but, honestly, who doesn't like almost anything Dr. Who?  I had pulled all the threads on the list, and mostly decided on the fabric to use before the first clue came out on March 1st. There will be a total of 9 clues, each coming out on the 1st of the month.  Well, when the first clue was revealed, I hated the fabric I'd chosen and decided to get some from a lady who had designed a fabric specifically for the SAL.  I quickly ordered it but it took almost 2 weeks to get to me...once it arrived, I started working on the first clue and hope to finish it today, just in time for clue 2 to come out this next Saturday....whew! 
Here is Clue 1:
Yep, that's a huge TARDIS - Dr. Who's spaceship...I have almost the entire thing stitched (more done since this picture was taken yesterday).

And the final SAL I've committed to is the British Isles Adventure SAL by Caterpillar Cross Stitch.  It started back on January 26th and each clue will come out on the 26th of the month for a total of 6 months.  Yesterday we got Clue 3....I must say, I am really enjoying this one.  There are small motifs stitched and they pertain to the various districts in the UK....I suspect we will stitch an outline of the UK sometime toward the end of the SAL to tie them all together.  So far, we've done Edinburgh Castle, a kilt, Buckingham Castle, a rugby ball, a soccer ball, the Welch flag, and several other symbols of Britain.  Yesterday, we got Lands End in Cornwall, Stonehenge, the London Eye and several other motifs.  Some folks are adding symbols of their hometowns or memories of summer vacations - a Yellow Submarine for Liverpool, the White Cliffs of Dover, perhaps something down in the Portsmouth area to denote the military presence during WW2...I might add some of those myself, if I can figure out how to chart them.  We'll see. No pictures so far...will try to get a snap before I put it up after stitching this next clue.  Stay tuned.

Winter had finally (I'm whispering so as not to disturb the eves!) left our area and we are seeing some warmer temperatures, as befitting Spring.  We've had some rain (more than a little) and the fields are beginnng to green up...the drive into town is so pretty with the green fields and spring flowers blooming along the road.  

Here is a view of our front steps...the bulbs John planted last year are coming up.  

Living in the country has its own rewards...chickens roaming the front yard and into the neighbor's property...clucking away...it's a sound I never heard growing up (being a town girl) but our chickens sure do make a racket - or the make music, depending on your point of view. 


Thanks for stopping by. 

 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Pretty spring flowers, Sally! Tell John I approve his choice of bulbs. Well done on the stitching......my brain doesn't work on 'mysteries', I like to know what I'm working toward.