Sunday, June 12, 2022

Another week gone and plenty stitching got done.  I spent several days using the embroidery machine to complete 55 mug rugs I'm donating to a womens' retreat in Branson.  I will be participating in the retreat,  not as an organizer but as a retreatant.  When we lived in California, our church's Womens' Ministry sponsored a retreat at one of the misisons every year.  I so miss those retreats.  It was 2 1/2 days of no phones, no family, just women ministering to women, encouraging each other and enjoying peace and quiet relection time.  Fran mentioned that her church in Branson is doing a retreat at the end of July and I jumped at registering right away.  My heart said I should 'donate' something and I came up with mug rugs.  They have room for 35 retreatants and' there are 15 ladies on the Team...adding a couple of mug rugs "just in case" and I came up with 55.  I have 7 more to do and they are done! 

My lower back has been bothering me for several months. Sometimes I go to get up off my chair and my left hip and groin area has a stabbing pain and I have to carefully straighten up. It mostly happens when I've been sitting a lot during the day.  I thought it might be arthritis in the hip or - heaven forbid - requite a hip replacement.  My doctor recommended physical therapy.  I started therapy this past week.  Evidently, my left sacro-iliac joint is tipped backwards and that causes my left leg to be shorter than my right leg by about 1/2 inch.  We are working on strenghthening my leg muscles so that once the SI joint is put back in place (they gave me a maneuver to do to move it back in place when it occurs), the muscles will hold it in place instead of allowing it to fall out of joint after a while.  I am so delighted to know that a hip replacement is NOT in my immediate future.  

Evidently, summer has now made its way to the Ozarks.  The temperatures are in the high 90's and the humidity has climbed into the 80's. That combo makes for a very sticky day outside!  Mr. Wonderful is out in the barn, cleaning out the chicken roost area....I do NOT envy him!  Frankly, the change in the weather was long overdue for the area so I am not complaining.  

Well, not a lot going on this week so there isn't a lot to tell you.  Thank you for stopping by.  





1 comment:

Jennifer said...

What a sweet gesture, Sally! I'm sure the retreatants will love their useful gift. You are warming up, we are cooling down.....thick frost this morning and minus temps, but at least the sun is shining.